Prior to working with Fannit, our insulation services client had a difficult time scaling lead generation online – which affected their ability to scale their sales revenue. We organized an online marketing strategy for them and, after our first full campaign review of the client’s account, approached them regarding their Paid Search marketing strategies. Their Marketing Manager was concerned that their current strategy wasn’t seeing its full potential and the cost per acquisition (CPA) was far above what they hoped – and getting worse. We were able to dive into Paid Search campaign and do an analysis of their current spend and
acquisition ratio. We discovered that they were spending over twice what they were originally intending per lead.
We discovered that a huge amount of the budget was being spent on keywords that weren’t relevant – that would bring in a lot of traffic, but no conversions. We tightened down the campaign to keywords that were highly relevant to the client’s main value proposition and tied every conversion to a keyword level source.
Internet Channel Revenue (Yearly): Grew from <500K to $8.5 Million.
We were able to bring the client’s cost per lead down by 300% over the first month of service. We cut the total cost to Adwords down to just 61% of the prior budget while providing an increase in lead volume of more than 70%. We knew that in order to increase our client’s leads we would need to increase their map pack rankings with local SEO and improve the click through rate on those listings.
- Created an SEO ranking strategy for local county service areas
- Created a targeted testimonial campaign to increase social proof and the Click Through / Call Through Rate of their Google map listings
- Focused on their highest converting areas with keywords that gave them their best average sale price
- Developed targeted service pages for niche locations and services that would resonate with their target customers
- Website Development – Working with a client who already had an established communication flow was great, but what they were still lacking was a well designed website that funneled leads properly into their client management software.
- Conversion Rate Optimization – We first nailed down their best personas and helped in the process of developing a new website that would convert the customers they wanted. When we first started with them, their website converted around 7-8%. Through Conversation Rate Optimization and user testing, we increased this to 19%-21%. This dramatically increased the lead volume and lead generation efficiency from all their marketing channels.
- Search Engine Optimization (on-site) – Next, we built landing pages, backlinks, and fixed their site architecture based upon our keyword research. The onsite optimization was vital to keeping their website topics clear and concise for Google indexing.
- Google Analytics Data/Tracking – This was key. Before developing their content marketing plan we integrated form and call tracking to give us a realtime baseline of the effects of our future marketing efforts. Ongoing, we tied every conversion to a keyword level source so we could dial in on where, when, and what keywords customers were converting on for both Organic and Paid Advertising. This feedback loop allowed us to double down on putting efforts into what lead generation activities worked best.
- Content Marketing Plan (on and off-site) – After fixing their site architecture and data we worked on developing a content marketing plan mixed with onsite optimization, Social Media, Press, Release promotion, Guest Posting, and Local Directory Optimization.