For a business owner in today’s digital area, it is imperative to gain website traffic and prospective customers. After all, the website serves as a place where your customers can gain more knowledge about your brand, products, and services.
But, if you are not receiving more hits and clicks that will help boost your brand, what can you do?
A promising digital marketing strategy to apply for your business is an effective Organic SEO campaign. Though this is not a 100 percent guarantee, it can help your website appear higher on the search engine results page.
To help you learn more about Organic SEO, here is a compilation guide about this business game-changer.
Go Deeper: More Resources on SEO:
- What is SEO
- What does SEO Stand For
- What is Social SEO?
- The Ultimate Guide To Organic SEO
- The Top Local Search Ranking Factors
- Technical SEO and How it Affects Your Website’s Rank
- How Does SEO Work for Your Business?
- SEM vs. SEO: Tapping Your Business Potential
- White Hat SEO vs. Black Hat SEO: Are You Doing SEO Right?
- Easy Guide to Getting Local SEO to Work for Your Small Businesses
- The Importance of NLP and What It Means For SEO
- The On-page SEO Checklist
- Keyword Research Mastery: The Beginners Guide
- The Ultimate Google Algorithmic Penalty Recovery Guide
- Questions you SHOULD Ask Before Hiring an SEO Expert
- The 5 Step Beginner Guide to SEO Writing That Ranks
What is Organic SEO?
Organic Search Engine Optimization refers to the techniques and strategies to keep your rankings high on search engine result pages. The difference of Organic SEO from another SEO strategy is that the high placement comes from unpaid results that are all driven from understanding present algorithms.
Boosting Organic SEO can be achieved by applying techniques like publishing high-quality blog posts, backlinking, and using top keywords. Some also choose to apply Black Hat strategies like link farming and keyword stuffing to attract organic traffic.
What Is The Role Of Google For An Organic SEO Campaign?
Before we dive deeper into the world of Organic SEO, it is essential to look at Google, the search engine, and the role it plays in an organic SEO campaign.
Google is the world’s largest search engine. Because of its popularity, it also has an enormous responsibility of ensuring that it can return the most useful answer every single time a user enters a query.
Google must be able to deliver the best results out of the millions of the knowledge resources on the internet. It seeks the ability to match the user’s searching behavior to the information that they need to find during their searches.
Google is also placing a high-quality user experience as their top priority. This is why Google also puts these criteria into consideration: dwell time, page speed, and user experience.
- Dwell Time – The amount of time a user spends on your website.
- Page Speed – The amount of time it takes for your webpage to load.
- User Experience – The quality experienced by a website user per visit.
These three criteria play a big role in identifying your website’s spot on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) and on Organic Search Rankings.
How Does Organic SEO Work in Digital Marketing?
On the other hand, the goal of Organic SEO is to create high-quality website content so that your company’s website will climb high on Google’s ranking system.
And as a business owner, you would definitely want your website to get rankings high enough to generate organic traffic.
Therefore, you must implement a great SEO strategy with different techniques that they can combine together for overall improvement.
Some key strategies include:
This involves studying keywords to use so that your website will appear at the top of the results page. This is also combined with researching the target keyword and long-tail keywords that will match your business.
This strategy involves ensuring that the pages in your site have links that are connected to other pages. This helps search bots to crawl and index your site’s contents effectively.
Visitors enjoy browsing through sites that have photos, infographics, videos, and other visual elements. This encourages users to stay longer on your site and entices them to revisit you.
Your website should not be a vehicle to offer your product or service to your customers. You must also create relevant, relatable, and informative blog posts that will help your Organic Search Campaign.
Adding Alt Tags for Images
As multimedia adds something extra to your content, business owners must also make sure that these images come with descriptive text. These descriptions embedded in the code will allow Google to understand what the images are about and how valuable they are to the content.
Page Load Time Optimization
Business owners must also ensure that the pages only take two to three pages to completely load. Longer than this will make people leave from your site as quickly as they came.
Ease of Use & Graphic Optimization
People hate complications. Therefore, owners should make their website design simple, easy to use, with valuable information that can be understood much quicker.
Is Organic SEO Still Important For Local Businesses?
Organic SEO Can Still Generate Results
Although technology keeps changing, there’s no denying that organic strategies can still deliver relevant traffic to a business website. Based on reports by BrightEdge, Organic SEO campaigns have generated more traffic in comparison to social media marketing, email marketing, and paid search ads.
Of course, experts still suggest doing a healthy mix of different digital marketing strategies. But, the numbers definitely say that Organic SEO is an undeniable contributor.
With Organic SEO, You Have Some Control.
In recent years, social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have been generating traffic as well. Indeed, these tech giants can make a marketer’s dream come true.
But, business owners must remember that each of them are closed systems that are controlled by someone within their walls. Though it might be contributing a lot to the flourishing of your incoming traffic, you have little to no control over how long this will be.
In this society, where rules and regulations can change at a click, you must be ready in case you lose the clicks that you get from social media.
Remember, when you solely depend on social media platforms for your site’s organic traffic, you are under that company’s mercy. Please don’t wait to lose them all before you act and be seen. The perfect thing to do is to achieve a balance between your traffic sources.
Organic SEO Can Give Your Site Some Stickiness.
Though paid ads and social media can give you lots of traffic, they are not customer creators in the long run. You must be ready for high bounce rates. Bounce rates mean the number of visitors you close and leave your site after spending seconds on a single page.
Social media only seeks to generate article visits, but it does not typically drive customer loyalty. But, Organic SEO is different.
Organic SEO uses matching keywords that are your user’s exact intent. This means you will appear as an answer to the questions of someone looking for you.
Additionally, if you are consistently found in the results, there are even higher chances that they will stay because of familiarity with you. Organic users, after all, will be your customers in the long run.
Social media is perfect for brand awareness, but if you want to be remembered, Organic SEO is what you should go for.
5 Reasons Why Organic SEO Is Beneficial
Here are five benefits of using an Organic SEO campaign for your brand and business.
One of the most apparent benefits of using Organic SEO campaigns is the advantageous cost-efficiency of this decision. If you consider Pay-Per-Click ads, you cannot deny how costly it can be. Especially if you look at longevity, PPC ads can get so much more expensive in the long run.
However, if you implement the principles of Organic SEO, the cost per click on the search result page is actually zero. This will give your company a competitive edge against your competitors who are trapped in the expenses for PPC ads.
Getting High-Quality Targeted Traffic
By using Organic SEO, users and prospective customers that you can bring to your website are the ones that are actively interested in what you have to offer. These are the people who are seeking and searching for keywords that are relevant to your industry.
Long Term Results
As long as you use ethical Organic SEO tools, your website is opened to the opportunity of achieving a long term high ranking on search engines. This is unlike the PPC ads where the results you get will end as soon as your payment stops.
Enhanced User Experience
Following Organic SEO principles means making sure that your website can offer valuable content through optimized blog posts. Because of this, site visitors will get a pleasant experience with the information and comfort that you provide.
If you also make your site layout easy to navigate, even with mobile users, the combined effort can produce higher engagement rates on your website that will further your site ranking much more.
Active Marketing Integration
Internet users have unpredictable behavior. Some people prefer to use search engines to look for what they need, while some are easily attracted by paid ads.
The great thing about Organic SEO is that it can integrate well should you have other online marketing techniques. This will make your investments much more worth it and can make your digital marketing approach more coherent.
The Basic Steps In Perfecting A High-Quality Organic SEO Strategy
Analyze the wants of your customers and study why they would want to come to you.
- First, you should figure out and identify the keywords or the most common set of words and long-tail keywords (phrases) that consumers use to search when they are out looking for a product or service like yours.
- Come up with a list of keywords and begin your thorough thinking. Try to make a spreadsheet, where you would consider all of the possible keywords that you might use.
- Also, brainstorm on these things: what are the most popular products or services that you can offer? What are the basic human needs that your business can address?
- Think about all the possible diverse terms that can envelop the behavior of your target consumers.
- You can also browse the current data on Google when you type in the keywords that you consider.
Complete diverse and absolute target keyword research.
- Look at the monthly volume of searches for the specific keyword you are interested in.
- This can be done through a Google Ads account, with the feature Keyword Planner.
- Other sites can give the numbers for this.
- If the keyword has a high number of monthly searches, this is something you should reference on your site.
- However, you must not forget that you might have fiercer competition with the keywords that achieve higher results.
- Check on Keyword Difficulty.
- This is defined as a number that lets the site owner know how difficult ranking can be for the keyword.
- This can be done through keyword difficulty services offered by several online resources and websites.
- Make sure to record the numbers in your master file spreadsheet to come back on them later.
- Research on the competition.
- The ideal keyword to use is low keyword difficulty and high monthly search values.
- Look at the monthly volume of searches for the specific keyword you are interested in.
Apply the principles of a localized keyword search.
- Search engines offer a different type of result depending on the locality.
- This is why many people do specific searches on keywords + locations within their area. For instance, instead of searching “Veterinary Clinics,” it is better to type ” Veterinary Clinic Miami” if that is where you are located.
- It is better to set up a Google My Business page can help your business appear in local searches. You just have to present a physical address.
Observe and examine your competition.
- Once you have chosen a set of keywords, try searching what companies come up with.
- Look at the articles on the website and see how they use their keywords.
- You should also note the page authority (PA) and domain authority (DA). These are numbers that can dictate how strong the company’s website is. This can be determined by factors like how old your site is and how many links on the internet lead to your website.
- This is why it is better to keep an old domain instead of buying a new site. You can revamp your website by redesigning your layout instead.
- Your website’s popularity can increase based on the number of backlinks redirect to your site. This is because links like this, especially from sites with authority, can show that your brand is trustworthy.
Implement the keywords in the copy of your site.
- Once the set of keywords has been established, decide on the pages of your website that you plan to optimize for ranking high in search engine results.
- Usually, the first page to focus on is your homepage. Make sure that this page is equipped enough to contain a robust set of information about your company and the list of products and services that you offer.
- You can also upload a few informative pages that you think will be more helpful to your customers.
- Check on how many times of keyword appears on your competitor’s website and match that.
- A good rule of thumb in the use of keywords that you are trying to rank is to apply at least 5 times per page.
- You should not practice keyword stuffing. This means that keywords must not be installed in places where the words will not make sense.
- Make sure that the content on your website, including blogs, is not forced and flows naturally when the keywords are mixed in.
Update the HTML codes on your website.
- Do a good overhaul in your website’s use of HTML tags.
- In meta descriptions, URLs, H1, and H2, title tags, try to squeeze in the relevant keywords in there. This is because the search engines will sweep through these tag codes when finding the pertinent webpages for a query.
- H1 tags are used for main titles, and they are usually bold and enormous on webpages.
- H2 tags are secondary titles that are used for clarifications, emphasis, and as titles for other sections in the websites.
- Meta Descriptions are a brief description of the particular page of your website. Keywords are often squeezed in here as well as a teaser to draw them into clicking your page.
Establish your website’s link building.
- Links hold a unique role in Organic SEO. Scattering them throughout your content, whether within your site or outside of your website will help your strategy.
- First, there are inbound links, which keep viewers exploring throughout your website. This is usable for blog posts, which can be linked to product pages or contact pages, for instance.
- Backlinks are a little harder to acquire, as you will be needing other websites to publish content that will link back to your site. Some spend a lot on this, but you can gain backlinks by building relationships with bloggers and site owners, too.
- Make sure that the links that you use have a persuasive anchor text. It must convince your site visitors to click on the link to get redirected to you
Write blog posts for your website.
- Content marketing is a reliable way to push organic traffic into your website. You can do this by writing timely, relevant, and valuable blog posts.
- You can write about your industry, helpful tips, and things that will make you sound like an expert.
- A well-written blog boosts credibility and serves as a perfect vehicle to shower your keywords and links into.
Monitor your website rankings.
- To make sure that all your efforts are working, you should track how your keywords rank.
- Find a keyword tracking tool that can help you monitor your SEO performance.
Do not do it alone.
- If you are new in Organic SEO, it helps to consult with the experts.
- As learning about this technology can take time, you can opt for hiring an SEO consultant or a company so that you can save on time and effort.
2 Challenges That Organic SEO Users Must Overcome
- Google has created answer boxes. – These answer boxes hinder the click-through, and they provide an entire space that shows the full answer to a user’s question, taken from your site.
- Google and your target market are dynamically changing. – This is one thing that you cannot ignore. Businesses are opening up daily, technologies evolve, and search engines quickly change their algorithms.
Additional Tips That Will Help You Generate High Traffic While Using SEO Tools
- Monitor mentions of your brand. – You can use tools like BuzzSumo to help you get alerts with your brand name or your keywords.
- Boost and reinvent your content with lower keyword rankings.
- Know the questions asked by your target consumer and find ways to be able to address that. – One resource to use this is Quora.
- If you upload videos, transcribe the entire video content. This can help you be searchable through Google.
- Find top publications to write for and blogs to write a guest post in.
Organic SEO is genuinely something that can boost sales of local businesses, as long as you practice it right. The benefits you can get from this marketing strategy can bring long-term and sustainable growth and help you find your place in your chosen industry.