Salinas Internet & Digital Marketing Company In CA
Business building is our passion, and SEO has been the #1 way we drive growth since Fannit was founded in 2008. Our SEO services empower you with an SEO consultant who’s up-to-date on the latest SEO tips, tricks, and tactics for achieving the results your company needs.
Search Engine Optimization 101 with Salinas CA SEO Company
What is SEO?
Simply put, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) means optimizing a website to reach the top results of search engines. SEO marketing requires in-depth knowledge about how search engines work, what people usually search for, and how and why they do it. Excellent SEO optimization creates a website that’s appealing to both users and search engines.
Does SEO target everyone?
No, and that brings us to step one of creating SEO content for your website: Know your target audience. What age range would be interested in your website? Mostly males or females? What is their usual income level? Knowing your target audience will help you understand why they are searching online. Listed below are some steps you can follow to identify your target audience:
- Know your selling points. What makes your brand unique from your competitors? What edge do you have that would make users choose you over the others? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you create your selling points.
- Analyze your existing audience. Knowing your audience’s likes and purchasing decisions will help you attract more customers. You can create surveys and collect demographic information.
- Get an outsider’s perspective. You might be biased when it comes to your brand, so a better tactic would be to ask friends, third party vendors, or even random people to give their insights on your brand’s practices and services. Keep in mind, however, that these are just opinions and are not entirely correct all the time.
- Generate an audience profile. Knowing your usual audience will help you target your next customers. If you need help, our professionals at Salinas CA SEO Company can get you started.
How do search engines work?
Search engines like Google use a real-time algorithm to bring you results, usually with the best ones in the top of the list. The following factors are generally taken into account:
- Relevancy: Search engines comb through thousands, even millions, of pages to get you results as close as possible to your search term.
- Utility: How well will you be able to use the results given to you? If your content is good but not relevant, search engines still won’t include it as a top result. As Google put it, high-quality content is not always useful content.
- Authority: Search engines look at how many other pages link to your webpage; the more links your webpage has, the more trustworthy it is, and the higher it ranks on search results.
Why is SEO important?
Statistics show that more than half of web traffic starts with a simple Google search. Once you add in traffic from all the other search engines, that gets you a whopping 70%. To better illustrate the importance of SEO marketing, let’s start with an example.
Let’s say you own a kitchen supplies company. After checking with Google Keyword Planner, you found out that over 100,000 people search for “kitchen supplies” every month. With around 20% of your clicks coming from Google, that corresponds to 20,000 visitors from just one search engine – that is, if your website shows up at the top of search results. If each search phrase is priced at $1 per click, that’s $20,000 a month – just for a search phrase. An SEO-friendly website will help you rank for up to hundreds of keywords.
This brings us to the next topic…
Is keyword research important in SEO marketing?
Now that you know how to top search results, it’s time to learn how to use strategic keywords in your content. Keyword research involves asking critical questions:
- What content do people search for?
- How many people search for it?
- How do they want to receive that information?
Asking questions helps you understand your audience so your content can cater to what they need. Do not take shortcuts and skip this crucial step. You might ask, why bother when I already know what I want to rank for? Simple. What you want to rank for and what your audience is looking for are almost always not the same. Instead of focusing on you, take a closer look at your audience. Together with your keyword research, the audience’s insights will help you create a better campaign.
Once you optimize your SEO keywords, your website will end up ranking higher for those terms. As we always say, a higher rank directs more targeted traffic to your page.
How do I optimize keyword research?
You can use software like Google Suggest to help you find top-ranking keywords relevant to your content. A common mistake that many people make is choosing SEO keywords that are too competitive. While it is possible to rank for competitive search queries, this can take a very long time – even for professionals. Our SEO Company Salinas CA will take care of this for you. While we value the importance of competitive single-word SEO keywords, our SEO company also uses long-tail keywords. These are 4-word phrases or keywords that are an excellent option to start with.
Another option would be to reverse engineer your competitors’ keywords. This guarantees fast and efficient results, and a lot of SEO tools are available for this option. On the flip side, you can also take advantage of keywords your competition is NOT ranking for. The former is an excellent option if you want to be aggressive and use keywords that are performing well for your competition. The latter, on the other hand, is ideal if you’re going to use your competitors’ missed opportunities. Again, this is the expertise of SEO Company Salinas CA.
Word of advice, don’t always use new SEO keywords. Double down on keywords you already ranked for. After all, you will never go wrong with tried and tested keywords
Is link building important for SEO marketing?
Much like getting keywords from your competitors, link building involves obtaining links from other websites. Search engines also use these links to look at new websites and determine its overall ranking. Simply speaking, they choose the authority of a website based on what they see from external resources. So, yes – link building, or a website’s link profile, is one of the essential aspects of SEO marketing.
There are two types of backlinks – do-follow backlinks link back to the original webpage, while no-follow backlinks provide no external link. Only the former has some value in SEO.
The anchor text is also part of link building. This is the clickable part of the hyperlink that gives users an idea of what your page is about. Your page will rank better in search engines if more pages link back to you using terms in the anchor text. Do not go overboard with the anchor text as this could incur some penalty from specific search engines. Keep it natural.
Here at our SEO agency, we’ve developed some link building strategies for our clients. These include the following:
- Guest Posting: We publish a post on another website that links back to your page, at the same time giving that website free content – it’s a definite win-win situation.
- Examining competitors’ backlinks: What works well for your competition would probably work well for you, too. We make use of backlink tools to help speed up the process.
Should I hire an SEO professional, agency or consultant?
While you can perform basic SEO yourself, it’s much easier to have someone else do it for you. Since you will use SEO for a business, it’s an investment anyway. If you decide to hire someone, remember that many SEO agencies claim to ‘provide SEO services’ but are not of good quality. Choosing a good SEO company will save you time, money, and effort.
Choose a reputable company to manage your SEO needs. However, don’t be too trusting of ‘Top SEO lists.’ A search for ‘best SEO’ or ‘top SEO’ will lead you to websites that are aggregators – pages that collect content, rank for terms, and then sell these listings to top bidders. Here at SEO Company Salinas CA, our team boasts of years of experience in the field to get you exactly what you need.
A few last words –
Never forget about the overall user experience. How they interact with your webpage, products, and brand will determine their next course of action. More than scoring high in search results, it’s essential to bring a positive user experience. Here at SEO Company Salinas, we’ve got you covered.